The lost treasures of Tucson are spoken of in hushed whispers. Who knows what happened to these legendary talismans after they vanished more than a century ago? Did they really have magical powers? And where are they today?
Tucson Weekly is on the hunt for these long-lost treasures—and we need your help to find them as we embark on Best of Tucson® 2020.
But we’re not just looking for lost treasures. We’re celebrating the living legends of today: our restaurateurs, our brewers, our artists, our musicians, our bartenders, our coffee grinders, our bakers, our writers, our merchants and all the others who make our Sonoran home such a hospitable place.
That’s where you come in. We’re asking you to vote once again in Best of Tucson®.
You can nominate anyone in any category through midnight on Monday, July 6. We’ll tally those primary results to get the top five nominees in each category. Those top finalists will compete for your votes through midnight on Monday, Aug. 24. And on Oct. 22, we’ll announce the winners in our special Best of Tucson® collector’s edition!
Before you cast a ballot, please review these guidelines:
1. One ballot per person, please. We're watching IP addresses, so be honest!
2. Ballots without a full name and an email address or a phone number will be thrown out and NOT counted. We check these things. Really! These email addresses and phone numbers will be used ONLY for ballot-verification purposes. Ballots using fake email addresses or phone numbers will be deleted.
3. You must vote in at least 20 different categories for us to count the ballot.
4. If you have no opinion in a category, please leave it blank.
5. No business can win in more than one category per section, so don’t vote for your favorite business in every category. Spread the love to other establishments in our hometown.
6. Ballot-box stuffing is a no-no. You can do simple campaigning—i.e., put up a sign encouraging readers to vote for you, or you can link from your website to ours—but anything beyond that is forbidden. (Well, OK, you can buy an ad in our fine publication.) Any businesses, groups or individuals suspected of stuffing may be disqualified at the discretion of the editor. If you have questions or a tip regarding suspected ballot-box-stuffing, e-mail email@example.com. Thanks!
7. Please only vote for local institutions. We're here to celebrate Tucson. Votes for national chains will not be counted.
Having trouble logging in?
If you've ever voted for something on our website before — perhaps a previous year's Best of Tucson®? — you have to type your name the exact same way you did the first time, or the system will not let you in to vote. Maybe last year you didn't capitalize your first name? Or perhaps you left off your last name?
If you can't figure out what is going wrong, please email our Web Editor Tara Foulkrod and she'll set you straight.
This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest!