It’s a lesson we’ve all learned in recent times—and we know you can’t wait for the chance to let your voice be heard.
We’re speaking, of course, of Best of Tucson—our annual competition to determine Tucson’s best bands, museums, galleries, restaurants, brewpubs, dive bars, coffee houses, annual spectacles, playgrounds and all the rest.
You the reader can nominate anyone in any category through June 17. We’ll then tally those primary results to get the top five nominees in each category. Those top finalists will compete for your votes through the end of July. And on Oct. 25, we’ll announce the winners in our special Best of Tucson collector’s edition!
Before you dig into the ballot, a few rules:
1. One ballot per person, please. We're watching IP addresses, so be honest!
2. Ballots without a full name and an email address or a phone number will be thrown out and NOT counted. We check these things. Really! These email addresses and phone numbers will be used ONLY for ballot-verification purposes. Ballots using fake email addresses or phone numbers will be deleted.
3. You must vote in at least 30 different categories for us to count the ballot. Don't have an opinion on at least 30 categories? Well, get out of the house right now and start living a little, for crying out loud!
4. If you have no opinion in a category, please LEAVE IT BLANK.
5. Ballot-box stuffing is a no-no. You can do simple campaigning—i.e., put up a sign encouraging readers to vote for you, or you can link from your website to ours—but anything beyond that is forbidden. (Well, OK, you can buy an ad in our fine publication.) Any businesses, groups or individuals suspected of stuffing may be disqualified at the discretion of the editor. If you have questions or a tip regarding suspected ballot-box-stuffing, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
6. Please only vote for local institutions. We're here to celebrate Tucson. Votes for national chains will not be counted.
Having trouble logging in?
If you've ever voted for something on our website before — perhaps a previous year's Best of Tucson? — you have to type your name the exact same way you did the first time, or the system will not let you in to vote. Maybe last year you didn't capitalize your first name? Or perhaps you left off your last name? If you can't figure out what is going wrong, please email our Web Editor & Production Manager Chelo Grubb (email@example.com) and she'll set you straight.
This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest!